For questions or additional information, please email Elizabeth.Sullivan@vdem.virginia.gov .
- ICS 100
- ICS 200
- ICS 300
- ICS 400
- NIMS 700
- NIMS 800
This five-day course serves as a basic introduction to the activities and processes of a Type 3 All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT), enabling them to be better prepared to support large scale or complex operations in their communities. This course meets the needs of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the National Response Framework (NRF) while focusing on the importance of developing and operating as a functional USFA Type 3 AHIMT and will assist individual responders to perform as viable team members.
Specific Course Topics
- Demonstrating the goals of NIMS and the NRF
- Emphasizing the nature and purpose of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT so that others in the community and emergency services are more willing and able to assist within various components of their local USFA Type 3 AHIMT
- Demonstrating the critical role that leadership and teamwork skills play in the success of an USFA Type 3 AHIMT
- Providing a basic framework for building and maintaining critical interpersonal communications and for working together as a team member of an USFA Type 3 AHIMT
- Offering practical experience of on-scene operations through extensive exercises and simulations, as well as through post-course refresher training by providing students with the opportunity to perform as members of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT during a mock incident management situation