The Silver Line Coordination Tool is an interactive, PDF-based resource designed to provide coordination guidance to command-level officers and managers when responding to an incident involving the Metrorail Silver Line, Dulles Toll Road, and/or the Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH). Incidents along this heavily-traveled transportation corridor pose unique challenges for first responders due to limited access points and the number of agencies requiring response coordination. This tool will help first responders and transit agencies operate more effectively and efficiently during incidents along the Metrorail Silver Line by identifying:
- Ingress/egress routes along the Silver Line, Dulles Toll Road, and Dulles International Airport Access Highway
- Primary and secondary staging areas for emergency vehicles and personnel
- Command considerations and process flow charts
- Jurisdictional boundaries
- Agency contact information
While the Silver Line Coordination Tool does not change or replace any existing operational plans, it does provide critical “ground truth” information to improve decision-making by public safety officials and response partners. The Silver Line Coordination Tool was developed with the input of 35 departments across 10 jurisdictions in Northern Virginia.